2008 & 2009 Corvette Windshield Issues

Corvette WindshieldGM sent out a message to its dealers today letting them know that they are beginning to look into customer complaints with 2008 & 2009 Corvette windshields that have cracks, pits, are broken or distorted.  They have asked that dealers contact their GM representative immediately before replacing any windshields that could have one, or all of these problems.

As a result, windshields will be placed on parts return for a period of time.  When we have more information on any possible issues or recalls, we will be sure to let you know.

Have you had any issues?  If so, let us know by posting a comment.

10 Responses to 2008 & 2009 Corvette Windshield Issues

1. sheila davis says:

My windshield is currently cracked. It just appeared. My car is a 2007 Corvette.

2. bill vellios says:

just picked up a 2009 z06. When the sun hits the windshield as you are looking out when driving, it appears like there is overspray on the windshield. it has a strange texture like appearance. The windshield does not feel like it has over spray or any substance on it.
    Has anyone else had this problem

3. Steve Kopish says:

I have a 2007 corvette . Wind shield has very tiny pits over entire window front. I Never drive on gravel roads . weekend type of driving. car always garaged & covered.Never in the rain or bad weather. Ilive in Benton Arkansas.

4. Barry Turner says:

I purchased a new 2009 zo6 this past April. The windshield cracked as I sprayed it with water. The consultant at the dealership tells me it was a rock chip and that there’s never been any issues with these windshields.

5. Jon Welker says:

Have a 2009 Corvette and the windshield has some pretty good chips out of it. Also, when I point into the sun, there are so many little chips it looks like a haze.
    I have been waiting for the price to come down on a new one.
    Now to hear others are having issues, I will take it into my dealer and see what they say.

6. Jon Welker says:

2009 Corvette Windshield has a fine haze
    When pointed into the sun it is annoying.
    Looking closely its not a material on the windshield. Apears like an overspray but definitely is not on the glass
    Anybody experience same?
    I’ve gotta replace it’s so bad. Haven’t taken it to dealer yet

7. Curtiss Wall says:

I seem to have encountered the same problem documented in this strand. I purchased a 2009 vette in Dec of 2009. At this point the car has less than 1300 miles yet the wind sheild has these pits the service manager calls stone chips. Did it rain stones only on my windshield since this is the only part of the car with any chips. How does a windshield crack appear with the car sitting in the drive way without some stress. The crack starts where the top locks to the windshield frame and there is no star pattern consistent with something striking the windshield. A call to Chevrolet yielded the same response as the dealer “It’s a stone chip, we will not fix it”. No wonder American car makers are in trouble. This is my last vette

8. Nobdyukno says:

I just found a 2009 Z06 with less than 7000 miles. We took the car on a jaunt to Auburn, Alabama. The white tiny dings in the windshield are quite curious. To me, it looks like the flaw is in the manufacturers process of making the glass in the first place. The white dings are very ugly on a $50,000.00 car!

9. Gardner Wade says:

All,
    I recently purchased a 2007 Z-06, 42K miles, perfect original paint all around, not a single rock ding on the front bumper, headlight lenses or hood. I was detailing it and noticed hundreds of 0.5 mm size pits in the windshield. I have GM Major Guard and will be asking them to replace with a new windshield. There is no way these are rock chips while the rest of the paint is perfect.

10. Doug Ousdigian says:

I just purchased a 2008 Corvette. When driving away from the sun or no sun the windshield is clear. When driving into the sun or at night it appears to be cloudy. The dealer has not heard of any issues with the windshield. Not help will be offered by the dealer.