Owning a vehicle with a V8 engine means heavy fuel costs, right?
Well, Popular Mechanics proved this false after testing a Corvette C6’s fuel economy, and discovering Corvettes “most amazing talent… its astonishing fuel economy”.
The Test Environment
- Vehicle: Corvette C6 standard six-speed manual transmission
- Route: 140 miles, roundtrip along California’s US Route 101
- Speed: 55 mph (10 under)
- Fuel Type: 18-gallon tank with 91 octane gas
- Additional: Cruise control used, no A/C, windows up
- Avg. speed: 52.8 mph
- Avg. mpg: 32.8 mpg!!!!!!!!
WOW!! To measure 32.8 mpg on the highway is close to what a 2008 Ford Focus clocks. Pretty spectacular for a super car like Corvette to get similar results!
Now you can feel confident driving an American-made hot ride while also saving on fuel costs. Sign us up!