Technology is amongst us no matter where we travel nowadays. OnStar knows this all to well and has partnered with Verizon to further advance this idea of connectivity.
If you really think about it, driving forces individuals to be captive within their own vehicles for a period of time. And with technology everywhere, radio entertainment is just not cutting it anymore!
OnStar’s partnership with Verizon has allowed both leaders to continue to explore all potential applications that can be instilled into a vehicle, utilizing 4G LTE technology on a faster broadband network.
When applied, these applications have the power to instill safer operations, proper vehicle maintenance, connectivity, navigation controls and entertainment.
Imagine the possibilities:
- Receiving instant alters via smartphone about bumps/damages made to your vehicle
- Connecting to top websites (Google, Twitter, Facebook Wikipedia) using hands-free voice activated commands
- Activating home-based monitoring cameras and/or other functions (temperature control, lights, more)
- Video conferencing from inside the car using Skype
- Navigating through traffic utilizing voice commands and maps
The possibilities are endless! It’s amazing to think of where this technology will take us. But hands down, the future manufactured Corvettes (a.k.a. C7) should come equipped with this technology.
Don’t you think? See a demonstration video after the jump!
[ AutoBlog ]