Jalopnik Website Says This is the 2014 Corvette!

Revealed in a post just minutes ago, Jalopnik.com claims the drawings you see here are final drawings of the 2014 Corvette ZR1, based on actual cars seen in the last few days, and photographed by spies.

Confirmation that cars like these have been seen at the GM Milford (Michigan) Proving Grounds is also asserted.

So, here are their three reality-based sketches (below).  We will be talking about this for years to come.  Please tell us what you think. We’ll put up actual photos as soon as they become available, but we just don’t know when that will be.

9 Responses to Jalopnik Website Says This is the 2014 Corvette!

1. art says:

Awesome! I was afraid it wouldn’t be recognizable as a Corvette, but it is, and looks great. I have a 2011 I plan to upgrade to the new model in 2013/2014.

I agree. It looks great, and when we see it in the composite material itself, it will be even sweeter!

By the way, Art, please give us a chance to earn your business on a 2014 when it comes out, because we will have great availability at our parent dealership, George Matick Chevrolet.

• TJ says:

Bill your joking right ! for the love of god man has GM gone and outsourced there corvette design group to another country. It looks like a Mutant Camaro, what are they thinking… yuck!! Cats and Dogs will start living together in harmony. Its the end of the world as we know it

3. Paul says:

That rear quarter line extending all the way to the front of the door is soooo Nissan GT-R, not to mention that tacky side vent. If this rendering is true, this is a sad sad day in Corvette history. Why, tell me why, is the Corvette team copying the GT-R? The next Corvette should be a blend of a Ferrari 599 and Aston Martin Vantage. Dear God, let this be a mean joke!

A number of people are seeing Ferrari-esque lines on this car, not lines from the GT-R. Sorry, but I’m thinking Chevy will have the last laugh!

5. Hezekiah Conley says:

I see a Nissan GTR/Ferrari California crossbreed. I am very disappointed with the lack of originality. The only Chevy detail I see is the rear surface that looks like it belongs on a Camaro. It seems that the goal is a generic, non-offensive exotic.

I think someone missed the mark.

6. Steven Dutra says:

It is ugly! Looks like the garbage sports car wanna be trash we get from Japan. If this is it, I am no longer a fan; and I have loved Corvettes all my 50 years of life.

We continue to get a variety of opinions, and no doubt, that variety will continue to come in long after we see photographs. And then, long after we see cars on the ground. I’m thinking chances are very good, though, that I am going to love the styling and the technology we will get on the C7, when we really see what we have. I surely hope so!

8. Duane says:

A corvette with a camaro rear end…come on..looks like heck. Flat back window..no. Let us hope this is not it…