New Speculation on Rear of 2014 Corvette

052112 5b

Keith Cornett of CorvetteBlogger recently noticed that Car & Driver has included a new speculative shot of the rear of the 2014 Corvette.  Be sure to read Keith's post.

If it looked like this, wouldn't it be the CamaroetteCorvaro?  I'm sorry, but I just don't see this happening!  Next!!!!

9 Responses to New Speculation on Rear of 2014 Corvette

1. PT says:

I don’t like that camaro rear end on a vette!

2. Kevin says:

I have a ’12 ZR1 that I’ve had tweaked a bit to get just right (those blasted seats).The interior needed attention & that window on the hood had to go too. A little love from Lingenfelter & I’m very happy with it.
    I think the C7 will get high marks overseas If they can design an interior that works (I can’t see why not, the CTS-V Coupe is very nice inside), and modernize the drive train a bit. Direct injection & updated variable valve timing is a must. I also think there’s no getting away from a true DSG trans, it’s expected in world class sports cars today. Get the C7 more world approval and sales in the US will improve. Buyers who usually overlook the Corvette for European sports cars might take a second look at it.

3. Jan Wildenradt says:

Don’t put the Chevy bow tie emblem on a Corvette. Cheapens the look.

4. Ben Blakely says:

Why does Chevy even bother building a Corvette if it is going to just look like a common Camaro? The new design appears as just a weak immitation of a Camaro. Guess this is what Government Motors calls “reverse engineering.”

5. Dave / New Mexico says:

If this is the best you can do…stick with what you’ve got.

6. Daniel says:

I agree with previous comments about the “camaroesque” tail lights. Hopefully the aftermarket tuners are at work on a revised rear end with the correct tail lights correcting what GM can’t or won’t get right.

7. Nick Rella says:

Please so it ain’t so with the back of this car. Camaro’s are ugly, as it is. Why are they trying to put a Vette in a Camaro’s class? I’m very disappointed, if this is the case.

8. sami says:

it looks like over priced Camaro

9. Scot Armour says:

The rear end is ugly,to many vents on the car.I would take the speed&power of the current ZR-1,over the C-7 anyday.SA.