“This Was Then, This Is Now” C7 Corvette Tail Lights

Jalopnik Rear November
Jalopnik Rear November

The top photo is what the Jalopnik Blog showed us in November 2011.  The second photo is what they are showing us now.

They are very similar, and seem to differ only by the intensity of artistic perspective.  I don't know about you, but I think it looks great!

We have dealt with significant changes before: loss of the split window, loss of the hidden headlights, you name it.  Something has to change with each new generation.  I don't have a problem with losing round or oval tail lights.  I think they have done well on the C7 Corvette.  What are your thoughts?

Jalopnik Rear October
Jalopnik Rear October

13 Responses to “This Was Then, This Is Now” C7 Corvette Tail Lights

1. Doug says:

If I wanted a Camaro, I would purchase one. I hope they are a different design.

2. Steve says:

I don’t like the squared off lights, but I’ll wait to see the real thing. It’s possible it could grow on my, like the exposed headlights did (that took a few years).

That’s pretty much my point. My hunch is that the total package is going to be sharp.

4. Colby says:

I was originally one of the biggest haters of the camaro-ish tail lights when I saw them at first, and now, after digesting it and seeing this, It’s really not bad looking, and it’s growing on me. It looks pretty mean and aggressive, and I bet in person it will really look badass, like always. We will see, time will tell. Regardless of the shape, it could be any shape, some people won’t like it and therefore it will get criticism inevitably. Either way, I will always love the Corvette, no matter how it evolves.

5. Colby says:

Yes, I have confirmed that this is 100% the production rear end of the C7. And the tail lights will, in fact, look much better in person and are l.e.d, enhancing the look even further. Most people are going to like it, I believe.

6. Kris says:

I really hope the back end does not look like this. If it does, I am not buying one- plain and simple.

7. JP says:

Like I said. (If the C7 Corvette has Camaro tail lights, I am not buying! JP.) I’m not going to buy a Corvette, if the back of it looks like a Camaro. I AM SURE I AM NOT ALONE ON THIS. JP.

8. JP says:

Hey Bill, We can call it a Cormero or Cavette. JP.

9. Bob Art says:

If the rear lights look like this rendition, I guess thats one way to save money using an other cars tail lights
    keep your fingers crossed thats its a joke
    The rest looks good

10. Regg says:

Does anybody know if the strobing/blinking taillights a new feature GM is offering? Remember GM is the first in Us for the DRL then BMW, and Audi R8 took it to a new level and now they are on just about every new vehicle.

11. Regg says:

Im sorry, let me add that the strobe/Blinking taillights was something I saw on the new C7.

12. Cyn says:

Okay, I along with many hated the rear lights when I first saw them BUT I recently saw a proposed after marked C6 rear end for the C7 and from this lady’s perspective it looks like crap. After a long month of looking at the C7 the only thing that works on the 2014 are the rear lights it has, call them square, camaro, whatever, they go with the wicked look of the car. It has definitely grown on me and while I won’t ever own one I can at least drool.

Cyn