Five years ago, the now-famous symbolized skull-head of Jake was introduced as a Corvette Racing’s team mascot. Today, the team’s racing spirit continues to stay strong. In celebration, Chevrolet designers gathered together to create the 2011 Corvette Jake Edition Concept, a Grand Sport Coupe convertible concept vehicle!
This new special edition concept vehicle, painted in a Competition Gray finish, features new Genuine Corvette Accessories (GCA) designed with the fierce mascot. While some of the accessories on the concept are available now through GCA, there are still accessories that are not currently out but will be in the near future.
“Jake is more than the mascot for Corvette Racing, he personifies the Corvette spirit,” said Dave Ross, design manager. “We designed this concept to demonstrate how any enthusiast could create his own Jake special model with parts available from any Chevrolet dealership.”
Features on the 2011 Corvette Jake Edition Concept include:
- Corvette Z06 wheels in Competition Gray
- “Corvette”-logo windshield header graphic
- GT1 Championship Edition Jake-logo hood graphic
- Jake-logo wheel center caps, fender badge & underhood blanket/lighting
- Chevrolet Accessory full-width rear spoiler in Cyber Gray
- Ebony leather with titanium stitching and red accents on the seats
- Chevrolet Accessory interior trim kit, racing pedal kit
- Chevrolet Accessory “Jake” floor mats & console lid
- LS3 6.2L V-8 with Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission
- Chevrolet Accessory Tech-pattern engine cover
[ CorvetteBlogger ]